Sierra Black Titanium Plating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcook4570

In some recent orders, I've received quite a few sierras with sub-par black titanium plating. The biggest problem has been chips and scratches in the black titanium plating and some have white swirls embedded in the plating. This seems to be limited to the nib end and has affected about 90% of my gold/blk titanium kits and about 50% of my platinum/black titanium kits.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I'm certainly disappointed, but I hope the problem with the plating will be resolved quickly, as these are some of my best selling pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I never look at the parts until I go to make a pen.

I also usually don't check until I assemble the pen, but as I was doing that, I noticed the defective plating in one that I was assembling. I didn't think much of it and just grabbed another, but it (and ultimately, many others) had the same problem.

Mark4583

You have a Pic of it so I know what to look for?
Was going to order some next week, I like the looks of these alot.

mrcook4570

OK, here's some pics. Black titanium is very tough to photograph up close. Anyway, the first pic shows a chip in the plating. Towards the back end, you can see a little dot of light where the chip has scattered the light.
2006121221718_chip.jpg

Next is a pic of a white swirl embedded in the plating. Near the nib end, you can see a vertical oval in the black titanium plating. They are much more noticeable under fluroescent light than incandescent.
200612122215_whiteimage.jpg
<br />

Mark4583

Any update if these have been fixed or can I expect the same problem if I order?
Thanks for the Pic Stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom