Shredded Money

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I am looking for information on making shredded money blanks. I did not have any luck with various searches. Anyone have experience with casting shredded money? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Yep, made lots, both shredded in the mold and glued to the tubes and clear cast. Works well with Silmar 41 Polyresin. It will give you a long working time. Be sure to use pressure to compress any bubbles trapped in the money shreds.

Cwalker935

Thanks, how tightly do you pack the shredded money?
Yep, made lots, both shredded in the mold and glued to the tubes and clear cast. Works well with Silmar 41 Polyresin. It will give you a long working time. Be sure to use pressure to compress any bubbles trapped in the money shreds.

JohnU

I push it down best I can to fill any potential voids. It won't be so "springy" once it's wet in resin. But… It's the messiest blanks to make. I like to mix the money shred with a little resin to get it wet before I put it in the mold.

Cwalker935

I push it down best I can to fill any potential voids. It won't be so "springy" once it's wet in resin. But… It's the messiest blanks to make. I like to mix the money shred with a little resin to get it wet before I put it in the mold.
As always, you are very helpful. thanks for the info.

Kenny Durrant

Not to take anything away from the others but there's pros and cons with both methods. I prefer the tube in casting method. That way all the money is under the surface so finishing is much easier. A downside is that any small pin hole in the money will expose the tube. I didn't like painting the tube because white, black or green shows up almost as bad. So I made a color copy of the shredded money still in the bag and glued the photo copy around the tube. You couldn't ask for a better camouflage. Then glue the shredded money on top of that then cast. I used Elmer's glue so I had plenty of time to adjust the lumps to keep it below the bushings. Then cast in Alumilite Clear Slow. Nothing wrong with the other process it just depends where you want to spend your time. Good Luck

Top Bottom