Shower Hand Wand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

The head on our shower wand is leaking and I'd like to replace it. It looks like it just screws off should be easy to replace. Do you have a specific shower hand held wand you like a lot? There's so many out there it's hard to decide.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I just replaced the "cartridge" on the shower body that leads to the shower heads. Mine was leaking for over a year (but it was 20 years old).
I had a plumber do it.

I bought the ones at HD and Costco, but they are a mixture of metal and plastic. They work; they are relatively inexpensive. If I wanted a more solid fixture, I would go to a plumbing supply store and buy a better grade. The cartridges that house the washers still wear-out though.

Humongous

I'm a big fan of the Oxygenics brand. They have a special "engine" in the showerhead that creates a really strong flow even with low water pressure. I just upgraded the showerhead in our camper with one and it made a huge difference. I put the first one in the house when my kids were in high school and were taking long showers. They also say that they are clog free, we have hard water and I can attest to the fact that they are indeed clog free.

sbwertz

The head on our shower wand is leaking and I'd like to replace it. It looks like it just screws https://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-At...-Resist-Brushed-Nickel-26008SRN/305475615?off should be easy to replace. Do you have a specific shower hand held wand you like a lot? There's so many out there it's hard to decide.
This is what we have. It has a regular shower head and a second one on a hose. My husband has to sit on a stool to shower.

montmill

This is what we have. It has a regular shower head and a second one on a hose. My husband has to sit on a stool to shower.

Thank you all the feedback. We had to have our tub taken out and a shower put in when I had a knee replacement. We too have a stool for use in the shower when I have my hip replaced. Funny as the grandkids grew up taking a bath lost it's appeal about the time we put the shower in. It worked out great in that respect.

Top Bottom