Show me your Gear Shift Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lefyldepens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I did this one for a friend. Also made a Zen with the same material. It is hard to get a real feel for the look but the sleeve material is Stainless and Brass woven together. Looks cool in person.

Attachments

• Copy of IMGP0395.JPG
    Copy of IMGP0395.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 209

magpens

You know .... I have to confess that I am not much rapt in the Gearshift pen.

It is mainly because of the useless middle position of the shifter.

I wonder if there is an aesthetic way to bypass that position, making this pen closer to the other bolt actions in functionality ...
Some technique of blocking the shifter from going into that position. . I guess a blob of epoxy could be made to work ... not so pretty, tho'.

Any ideas from "the crew" ?

jttheclockman

You know .... I have to confess that I am not much rapt in the Gearshift pen.

It is mainly because of the useless middle position of the shifter.

I wonder if there is an aesthetic way to bypass that position, making this pen closer to the other bolt actions in functionality ...
Some technique of blocking the shifter from going into that position. . I guess a blob of epoxy could be made to work ... not so pretty, tho'.

Any ideas from "the crew" ?
Why try to reinvent the wheel. It is a gadget pen as is all those PSI pens. Just my thought.

TonyL

I did this one for a friend. Also made a Zen with the same material. It is hard to get a real feel for the look but the sleeve material is Stainless and Brass woven together. Looks cool in person.
Must be a good friend. Looks great! Make me miss driving a stick (even in NYC!).

budnder

I picked up this blank for the last gear shift pen I did:

But ended up using it on a different "car themed" kit:

raceBlank-9187.jpg

I liked the look alot.

pshrynk

Great pens! And I'm having a flash of inspiration. I have a bright red blank that comes from the "team colors" group. A black or gun metal Gear Head pen (have to look that up) and the red with a little decal of a prancing pony and Voile! A Magnum PI pen. Or maybe a Magnum Bolt Action with the same blank treatment...

Someone stop me!🤪

Top Bottom