Should have reverse painted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Don Rabchenuk

Don Rabchenuk

This is a blank I got on e-bay called "LAVA FLOW WOOD & ACRYLIC FUSION". After turning I realized the blank should have been reversed painted. That was my second mistake with this blank The first was drilling the base wrong when my wife came into the shop, This Cambridge was suppose to be a Navigator for a customer and cost me $85 for a new set of blanks from Hawaii to fix my mistake. At least the customer was happy and now I have made my first fountain pen. Maybe Iwill be able to sell it some day.

_DSC0479.jpg

_DSC0480.jpg

_DSC0481.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabaharr

In this case if you don't know what you are looking at the tube is just another shade of color set deep in the blank. I would not hesitate to sell it at a respectable price. Only you and the rest of us will know and I don't think anyone on here is buying premade pens.

vakmere

The tube/blank should have been painted in this instance. If you had to do it over what color would you have used? It is an interesting blank and matches the Cambridge.

Last edited:

hcpens

Like Stonepecker said, This is not a mistake, unless you didn't learn from it. I just glued in a brass tube and did not center it on the blank, it is a laser cut Eagle / American flag. Would normally have just toss it, but I will just add a piece to the short end to fix it, learned this on this site.

Very nice pen, I buy it if you get tired of having it around.

Don Rabchenuk

The tube/blank should have been painted in this instance. If you had to do it over what color would you have used? It is an interesting blank and matches the Cambridge.
I would have used white since the blank has white and light purple with the wood. I believe it would have added a depth in the blank looking down into it.

CREID

If the blank showing through is where I think it is in the picture. It looks like a coral reef in the ocean with all those wooden peninsulas around.

Curt

Top Bottom