Shop Update (More Photos Added)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

It's been a while since I checked in. Just wanted to let you all know I am still making progress. I went past my two month prediction period last week. but have gotten a lot done in that time considering all the work on the house. I have some photos but have not had the time to edit them for posting yet. all the cinder block walls are up. the timber frame for the walls are all up, and I cut all the rafters over the last three days and will start work on the roof this evening. we ahve started hitting the low 90 degree temps so we are waiting till later in the evening to even start working. the pace has dropped off a little and we are able to enjoy ourselves more that way. I will be a couple of weeks later than I expected but it will all be a happy memory that way. I will post a new picture when the roof is on. I hope to move the first of my shop tools in this coming weekend. we'll see how the rest of this week goes though.

200661011473_2006_0609Image0017.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

richinva

Are those power lines above your shop? I hope they are cable or phone..........

Does your code require all those framing anchors? I know that in Florida they are required for just about EVERYTHING............

Nice framing job so far..........

Rich

Daniel

Rich,
We do have higher requirments for wind here. we get 90 mile an hour winds fairly often. With the shop on the hill like it is it will take the brunt of it. as for the power lines, they are not as close as they look in the photo, I do have to keep my eye on them while moving my ladders around though. I got the gable studs, soffit and facia trim on today. well most of the trim had a real battle with the gable ends. I will take tomorrow off to help my nephew tear down a small shed in his back yard. he came over and helped put in a bunch of outlets today. now I have to get the roof on :)

Daniel

mainly because I am up at three a.m. and don't wnat to make my neighbors angry by nailing shingles on the shop this early. I've managed to get a couple more pictures ready for the groups consumption.

2006618121912_2006_0610Image0024.jpg

this pic was taken a couple of days ago. not much has changed in it's looks since all the work since then has been putting shingles on the roof. I am suprised at how big it looks setting up on the hill like that. also note, there is equipment in there. mainly a product of the opportunity presenting itslef. we moved most of my shop last weekend. I've been racing to protect it since. the really great thing is this next picture.

2006618122311_2006_0610Image0010.jpg

Mu son took this picture of me working on the first pen in the shop.
it is actually the second, the first was a buck eye burl platinum polaris. I will post pics of it when it is finished. I drilled and glued these two pens during a break from the heat of rooofing.
we live in a great climate here. temps are only in the 80 - 90s, so not having walls is actually pretty nice right now. that won't last long. I still don't have power so am working with extension cords.
I have never been able to just step out into my back yard to make a pen. I almost don't know what to do I get all confused without the 20 minute drive to get my head together.
once again I am running into cash flow issues so the progress will start getting a little weird from now on. I have the plywood to cover the walls but no siding yet. the electrical will also have to wait for more funds to filter in. I worked 11 hours overtime yesterday so that will help. I have to get all the duct work for the dust collection system in which is a big job. then the rest will be piece by piece as each bench, shelf, cabinet or whatever will be specifically designed and built for the job it needs to do. lots of work still to do but it is officially a shop at this point.
the sun is up now and I can almost go make noise. thanks for looking and even more thanks for all the enthusiasm you all have shown in my progress. I don't know if I will post much more until the outside is finished and that could be a couple of weeks. until then there will not be much to see except plywood covering the walls and I can't see that being to exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom