Shop Pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Finally got around to taking some photos of the shop, hope ya'll enjoy. The second lathe is my BIL's.

2006615214035_Shop1a.jpg

2006615214054_Shop2a.jpg

2006615214113_Shop3a.jpg

2006615214125_Shop4a.jpg

Curious about anything you see, feel free to ask!

Cheers,
Draken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Nice clean shop!!! [^]

Nice compressor BTW but you need more wood [:D][}:)][;)]

Curious why you chose flex hose for your DC system. Aren't they more expensive and not as efficient than plain PVC pipe? I can understand the flex at ends but not the main line.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />OK, in Provo this week they had a demo on that small rotary sharpening system I see on your table. How does it work? What do you use it for? Any problems with it?
You mean that's not a shake blender[:p]

Draken

Ok, to answer a few questions...
I don't know the size of my shop, it is one end of the basement, never bothered to measure it out. For reference, the table holding the two lathes is 8' wide and 3' deep.

I used flex line for the DC as that is what I had on hand. Given the limited areas where I could have used PVC, I don't think I'm losing all that much. Picked up the flex line in the DC starter kit (received two kits) from HF, and bought some additional flex line from the DC WoodWorkers Show earlier this year.

The rotary sharpner system (JoolTool) works great! My attempts at using the grinder were less that successful. With this thing, I can get my skew scary sharp. I keep meaning to do a review of it for the IAP, but never seem to get around to it. Considering how long it took me to get photos of my shop, expect a review sometime around Christmas...[:I]

Yes, a vise from Paul would be great, but I don't recall if I'm on his list or not, and even if I were, I'm not sure it's in the budget right now.... Hi, my name is James, and I'm addidicted to pen turning...

Anyhow, the router table (on the floor in the last photo) and the forth coming scroll saw will be my last major purchases for quite some time. The air compressor is my BIL's, he used to be a mechanic and since he wasn't using it anymore, I'm borrowing it. I just about killed my little 3 gallon compressor spraying lacquer on pens.

Cheers,
Draken

Draken

My shop is right next to the area my wife uses for scrapbooking, so I keep it clean to keep the peace. Even as it is, it is a bit more disorganized than I'd like, but serves it purpose well.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom