Shop organization

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Had a great idea for repurposing a Saran Wrap holder that my wife removed from the kitchen. Works perfectly for holding frequently used spray cans around the shop.

Attachments

• 46103AAF-D162-493C-A6E0-479FE4793C77.jpeg
    46103AAF-D162-493C-A6E0-479FE4793C77.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 183
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Its interesting how some old kitchen items can be given a second life in the shop.

Wife has one of those vinyl-covered wire drainer basket thingies in the kitchen sink - with a detachable three-compartment nner basket for silverware. She replaced the inner basket because the vinyl got knicked and the steel wire used to form the basked started rusting. So I grabbed it for use in the shop. I attached it to the front of the lathe stand to serve as a convenient holder for odds/ends of tools such as the rubber eraser/sandpaper cleaner, an adjustable wrench, and a red ny-web pad that I use to clean the lathe bedways. The fact the compartments are made of wire means that any dust or chips that fall on it just pass on through to the floor rather than filling up the compartments. And the little bit of rust isn't an issue in the shop.

howsitwork

I have an old beer fridge that allows me to put danish oiled items in it to cure whilst stopp8ng dust falling onto them. Obviously it also works for varnished things etc too. It's also moveable as it has a handle on top.

EricRN

I have an old beer fridge that allows me to put danish oiled items in it to cure whilst stopp8ng dust falling onto them. Obviously it also works for varnished things etc too. It's also moveable as it has a handle on top.
Nice idea. Dust is a huge problem for me.

Top Bottom