• Shop Life 10

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Shop Life 11

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Shop Life 12

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have 12 entries in the Shop Life contest this year. There will be one round of voting and the poll will stay open for 3 days. You get to choose one Shop Life picture. The picture is BELOW the title (Shop Life *). Click the thumbnail to view a larger picture.

Here we go:

Shop Life 1:
Shop1.jpg
All projects begin from humble origins.

Shop Life 2:
Shop2.JPG
Where's my skew?

Shop Life 3:
Shop3.jpg
Working with Marley on her youth penturners contest

Shop Life 4:
Shop4.JPG
Just finished turning a few pine cone pens and the acrylic turned so smoothly but made a mess on my nice lathe!

Shop Life 5:
Shop5.JPG
Important to be safe even when buffing a pen, even if you are 9 years old.

Shop Life 6:
Shop6.jpg
This is a photo of my granddaughter sitting on my Powermatic 3520 to drill a pen blank she wanted to turn. She didn't have the leverage to turn standing up (too long of a reach), so she asked if she could sit on the lathe and crank the handle. After she got set up she asked for her safety goggles before she continued. She was 6 years old at the time. She now has her own Jet mini lathe!

Shop Life 7:
Shop7.jpg
Lathe, Jig-saw, Sanders, Drill Press, assembly table, Nobex Miter, and Delta dust collector with cyclone. Looking for room - and an excuse - to fit a bandsaw. Got my eye on a Grizzly 555LX. Don't want to give up the liquid fridge though to get it. Not much working room when the two cars are home!

Shop Life 8:
Shop8.jpg
A 15 foot long ribbon from turning a Delrin rod, laying nicely on the worktable.

Shop Life 9:
Shop9.jpg
I recently found this large spalted Hackberry log lying on the side of the road, so I stopped & loaded it into my truck. It wasn't until I unloaded it onto a pallet in the log storage area of my wood shop that I noticed the angel-like pattern on the face of the log.

Shop Life 10:
Shop10.jpg
I chose this photo of myself turning a pen because I thought it to be interesting on how I was able to capture the reflection of the pen and lathe in my safety glasses. This picture was a complete accident, as I was trying to video a close up for another project. I thought it showed a different aspect of what we do in the shop, with the intensity and concentration we have when doing such detailed work.

Shop Life 11:
Shop11.jpg
This is a picture of a commission I was working on. It is Big leaf maple wood. Amazing wood and I tried capturing it in this picture.

Shop Life 12:
Shop12.jpg
Whew, thank God it cooled off! Those killer days of August when the temp gets above 130F just make it unbearable to work in the shop!

Top Bottom