Shop Fox M1018 vs HiTorque 7x16 Mini Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fmontes63

I am contemplating purchasing a machine lathe right off the bat for making pens. So I am to make this investment, I would like to ask you opinions on these two machines and or perhaps your suggestion for different one.

Shop Fox M1018 vs Little Machine Shop HiTorque 7x16 Mini Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I believe the HiTorque is from Little Machine Shop ? . I have good vibes about that one but don't know the other.

Jonkou

Recommend the largest capacity, best quality machine you can afford. If you get into turning you want a machine that will allow you to grow and do more than pens. Consider the resale value too if you want to upgrade to a full size down the road. Recommend the Jet 1221vs or if you're content with a mini a Jet 1015vs.

Jonkou

Recommend the largest capacity, best quality machine you can afford. If you get into turning you want a machine that will allow you to grow and do more than pens. Consider the resale value too if you want to upgrade to a full size down the road. Recommend the Jet 1221vs or if you're content with a mini a Jet 1015vs.
My mistake on recommending Jets, overlooked machine lathe in your text and assumed they were wood lathes.

bmachin

Quinn Dunki at Blondihacks on YouTube has an excellent video on differentiating and choosing between the various Chinese import lathes. Well worth a look.

Bill

fmontes63

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all your feed back. There is so much info out there, it is difficult to take it all in. At least here< I feel like you folks are doing this every day and have real time feed back.

I will post a pic one I get mine

fmontes63

Yes, I currently turn on a Jet 1221vs - Its been good to me so far

Top Bottom