Shipping in US

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

le_skieur

Hello, what is the most economical way to ship Pen kits and blanks in to the US. I have many beautiful kits and blanks that I would like to sell. Is USPS still the best method?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
It's what I use, but use a 3rd party service to print your labels & save a little bit. I use PayPal Shipping. Ship Station & Pirate Ship are other options.

penicillin

Thanks for your answer. No, I will be in Florida for the entire month of April and I will ship from that area!

I use Pirate Ship - https://www.pirateship.com/. It's discounted service that looks for cheapest route vs. USPS, UPS or other shipping methods.

Then for shipping from Florida to elsewhere in the US, I also recommend Pirate Ship.

I stopped using PayPal shipping when PayPal stopped offering their own service and forced their customers to switch to a partner company (ShipStation). The change required my authorization to give ShipStation direct access to my PayPal account. Sorry, but there is no way I would authorize THAT. It is authorizing ShipStation to take money from my bank account. Just ask yourself who would cover your losses if ShipStation were hacked and the attackers used it to take money out of your PayPal account. Attribution (who to blame for the incident) would be challenging enough. No thank you.

duncsuss

I also use Pirate Ship - usually find significant savings compared with the options USPS offers straight to the public.

le_skieur

I also use Pirate Ship - usually find significant savings compared with the options USPS offers straight to the public.
I should have specified that since it will be a new condo rental for us, I do not know if I will have access to a printer, it seems trivial but it is a reality when we rent. I guess to use Pirate shipping I have to print the labels.

duncsuss

I should have specified that since it will be a new condo rental for us, I do not know if I will have access to a printer, it seems trivial but it is a reality when we rent. I guess to use Pirate shipping I have to print the labels.

If you choose to send by UPS (as opposed to USPS) and take the boxes to a UPS Store, they will print the labels for you. I don't know how much Pirate Ship would save you over buying the shipping label direct from UPS.com (but I believe they would not charge more).

le_skieur

If you choose to send by UPS (as opposed to USPS) and take the boxes to a UPS Store, they will print the labels for you. I don't know how much Pirate Ship would save you over buying the shipping label direct from UPS.com (but I believe they would not charge more).
Indeed it is something to try. Thank you for your help!

derekdd

duncsuiss, what boxes are you using to ship one or two pens?

le_skieur

No, I don't think so since I don't bring any wood. Only Tru-Stones and such.

Top Bottom