shipping from US to AU

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I have not done any overseas shipping, but someone in Australia is asking me about making a couple pens for them. I priced a 2x4x8" package at 1 pound and the cheapest shipping was $30 USD. I mean they will be paying for it, but I'm not sure what my responsibility would be as far as customs and such.

I would gladly refer him to any of you gents down under if anyone is interested in making a couple (maybe more) of the PSI pool cue pens for him.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
AS far as I know, USPS still will not serve Australia. Covid problems stopped all flights.

So, you need to use DHL, UPS or FedEx, etc. They are much more expensive, usually AND they charge a fee for clearing customs in the destination country (about $50 usually).

Normally on international shipments customs fees, duties and taxes are for the account of the buyer.

If/when you respond to the potential buyer, insure that he knows he will be responsible for those fees.

I don't know if a pen would fall under the classification, but AUS has some funny laws regarding the importation of wood also... I had to fumigate and present a fumigation certificate for all of my wood packing when I was doing international shipping.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To clarify, you pay a fee on this end, BUT the customs and clearance charges are due IN ADDITION in Australia. So your customer cannot receive his goods without paying these fees. IF he refuses, the package is returned to you. Now the customer will want the shipping cost back as well as the refund for his initial purchase. In short, you have an unhappy customer no matter what you do!!

rixstix

As of today, June 3, 2022, Priority Mail International service resumes to Australia.

Unless recently changed, the first $ 1000 Australian is exempt from duty fees shipped via USPS.

Caution is advised and full replacement insurance unless you feel lucky.

FWIW, a package from Australia to us recently took just under 90 days.

sorcerertd

FWIW, a package from Australia to us recently took just under 90 days.
Ouch.

I did figure all the fees and such would be the buyers responsibility. I'm not about to flip the bill. Ed, you have a good point about package refusal. I looked up the price last night on Pirate Ship before I posted this, but didn't look to see what carrier that price was for. It all sounds like a pain in the butt to me.

Top Bottom