"Shiny" Ink???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

Good afternoon dear collective,

I am trying to help my blank maker. I am trying to come up with fundraiser ideas for a nonprofit organization and came up with a numbered series pen. Below is will attach a picture of my idea. I was thinking of using the "look" of "gold flake" or ""silver flake" but not actually use that material for the "year" and "number" on the pen.

Is there an ink, or something that would be fairly inexpensive to use to bring out this effect? Has anyone ever done something like this? Is there a "foil" that could be used?

Thanks for reading :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-11 172437.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 172437.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 100
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

There are gold or silver felt tip pens that maybe can be used to create the design. Cast over in resin. I've seen these pens at Hobby Lobby

Todd in PA

"Shimmering" fountain pen inks are available. I bought the sampler below. It's not like gold leaf or anything. I'd describe the shimmer on most of these as subtle.

Drewboy22

"Shimmering" fountain pen inks are available. I bought the sampler below. It's not like gold leaf or anything. I'd describe the shimmer on most of these as subtle.

Are these inks castable? - I assume they are once they dry, right?

Drewboy22

There are gold or silver felt tip pens that maybe can be used to create the design. Cast over in resin. I've seen these pens at Hobby Lobby
We used a set of paint markers and it worked wonderfully! Thank you for the suggestion. They came out real nice on the gold finished stratus. Thank you again, Drew
20230616_202952569_iOS.jpg
20230616_202945744_iOS.jpg

Woodchipper

I used gold and silver metallic pens from Hobby Lobby to write on custom fishing rods. Write, let dry and cover with one or two coats of rod building epoxy.
Story about ink: A chemistry professor in college back in the 60s said he and a couple of guys developed perfumed ballpoint ink. Great idea, he said, but they lost their posteriors in the venture.

Top Bottom