Shawshank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jimm1

jimm1

Shawshank on a black cigar
DB2B3E2F-DD0A-42E9-913E-7FBF80F1647E.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FGarbrecht

Nice looking piece of timber! I never did really understand the allure though.
The tree was a metaphor for hope and redemption in the face of overwhelming oppression, a central theme of the film. It's worth the 3.99 rental if you haven't seen it ;)

This is one of my favorite movies. Does anyone know how I can a hold of a few blanks?

You might check out "Historical Wood Blanks and More" on FB. I've gotten a couple of items from them. They had a guy posting recently that he had decking off the USS Arizona for sale as pen blanks. I'm not sure how legal that is taking wood from a national monument and I highly doubt that he actually had decking off the ship, it's been under water since December 7, 1941. But he did have a COA.šŸ˜‚

Woodchipper

The grain is exceptional. Watched two minutes of the movie and changed channels.
As for the Arizona, if survivors of Pearl harbor found out, he would be drawn and quartered and fed to the sharks. You can't removed anything, legally, from a national monument, national park, or national forest. Caught a lady taking some moss from the South Cherokee NF. Told her it was illegal. She said, "I didn't know that." "Lady, you do now." A guy was turned in for defacing a old cabin in the Great Smoky MNP. Got a fine, according to a sign at the visitor center at Cable Mill. Went on to say he could have received jail time. Why do people do these things?

The grain is exceptional. Watched two minutes of the movie and changed channels.
As for the Arizona, if survivors of Pearl harbor found out, he would be drawn and quartered and fed to the sharks. You can't removed anything, legally, from a national monument, national park, or national forest. Caught a lady taking some moss from the South Cherokee NF. Told her it was illegal. She said, "I didn't know that." "Lady, you do now." A guy was turned in for defacing a old cabin in the Great Smoky MNP. Got a fine, according to a sign at the visitor center at Cable Mill. Went on to say he could have received jail time. Why do people do these things?

Stupidity? I believe that a lot of people in our society feel they're entitled to do such things. I always ask first. Next year I'm going back to Farragut in Idaho (my Dad went to book camp there during WWII). I'd like a piece of wood from something that was originally there, but I'll ask first. If I can get something I'll include it in my personal collection along with all the pieces of Teak from battleships. If not, I'll understand and just have the memory. A few years back my wife and I were on Normandy Beach (wow it was 20 years ago) on the 55th anniversary of D Day. While on the beach I asked a Docent if it was okay if I took a 35mm film canister of the sand. He said it was fine and I now have that as part of my collection. A lot of times asking is all you need to do, don't ask and you can get in trouble. As for the guy with the supposed piece of the Arizona, well, unless he SCUBA'd down to it he should be shot. If he had dived down to it he would have been shot.

Top Bottom