Shaving Kit - Father's Day Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spaceengravers

Here's a couple of quick pictures of a shaving kit I made for my father for Father's Day. I know the pics aren't good, but they are just off of my phone because I was excited to post...

The razor and stand are from the Golden Nib. This kit has some sentimental value because the brush and bowl were my grandfather's. I cut the old handle off of the brush and turned a handle for it and for the razor. So now he's getting something from his dad (who passed away some 25 years ago) and something from me. Hopefully he will enjoy it.

Thanks for looking!

Mike

Attachments

• Shave1.jpg
    Shave1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Shave2.jpg
    Shave2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 261
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Yes he will, even if he didn't use it, it sure will look nice sitting on his counter. Been wanting to make a couple, one for my son and one for my son-in-law. You did a great job.

Great idea. Was it hard getting the old brush out, without damage ?

It wasn't hard to get it out without damaging the brush, but I did destroy the old handle. I used a dremel to cut it away. Luckily the brush was glued together than just pressure fit into the plastic handle, so there wasn't any bonding between the brush and the handle. That was my biggest concern, so it was the first thing I did. Once I got it out fine, I proceeded with making the rest of the kit.

Thanks for the kind words.

Mike

wizard

That is very likely the sweetest, most touching and beautifully made Father's
Day gift that any father could get. He's lucky to have a son like you !!

Top Bottom