Shaving Brush for my 16 yr olds Birthday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Grizz

Banned
The boy is always using my soaps/ brush and bowl for shaving. So I decided to make his own for him. The brush knot is 22mm silver tipped badger hair (extra fine). I had a friend cast the blank, I sent him 2 OSU Buckeye ball markers to put at the end of the handle. (Calebs a big Buckeye fan) The 'Red' didn't come out the way I would have liked. But it still works. I turned the handle using a bottle stopper mandrel so it was fairly easy. the bowl is stainless steel and I bought him 'Creme Brulei' for his soap cake. Birthday is this tuesday. Oh, the only tool I used was a lancer skew.

Attachments

• cl brush and stuff.jpg
    cl brush and stuff.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 244
  • CL Brush.jpg
    CL Brush.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 274
  • CL Brush b.jpg
    CL Brush b.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 223
  • cl brush kit.jpg
    cl brush kit.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 244
  • CL OSU brush.jpg
    CL OSU brush.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Very good, he will have that for years to come. I make shaving brushes to, but i don`t provide the soap dish. i have seen the stands on the net, but not the dish. Can you tell me where you found them ? Thanks, Carl

theartist07

Great looking brush, does anyone have any idea on who carries the safety razor kits, i know i've saw them but don't remember where. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Jim

Grizz

Banned
Very good, he will have that for years to come. I make shaving brushes to, but i don`t provide the soap dish. i have seen the stands on the net, but not the dish. Can you tell me where you found them ? Thanks, Carl

This where I purchased my basic supplies. If you have a rough face, they have a almost pure glycerin soap puck that lathers well and is easy on the face. (also notice the cost of brushes. whew!)

http://www.classicshaving.com/Shave_Mugs_and_Bowls.html

Also, a bit less expensive you can go here for parts and all other stuff:

http://www.thegoldennib.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_11

Last edited:

RAdams

Banned
Nice brush!

But instead of buying a metal bowl, why not cast and turn a matching bowl? Or in my case, i would prefer a mug, but either way. You could prolly get "The other OSU" ;) logo in the bottom.

Sincerely, An Oklahoma State University fan!

Grizz

Banned
Nice brush!

But instead of buying a metal bowl, why not cast and turn a matching bowl? Or in my case, i would prefer a mug, but either way. You could prolly get "The other OSU" ;) logo in the bottom.

Sincerely, An Oklahoma State University fan!

I thought about it, but was running out of time. And I thought a block like that might be a bit costly. With me being out of work right now.... I need to be a little cautious.

jleiwig

I'm jealous! I always wanted to try Anthony's stuff, but I don't feel I'm up to the snuff. Plus that's another serious addiction I don't need.

My own Shaving mug

Hey Grizz! im trying to make one for my son too! Ive brought the badger hair from a local dealer here in england now just trying to get the rest of it fixed up and sorted Ive actually bidding on an antique shaving mug too.

Im hoping for my set to look something like should I keep on going with the mini project, what you think mate anygood?
Blackwood%20shaving%20set.jpg

We shall whats happens though mate lol, hope he liked yours!!!

Top Bottom