Shave Set - One of my best sellers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

This particular Spectraply sells best in pens and especially in shave sets. I like the kits from CSUSA as nothing is pressed and can be easily repaired or adjusted. Not a plug for them, just the facts. Your mileage may vary.

Attachments

• 917A3B0C-03EF-4AC4-B977-BBB519CAE581.jpeg
    917A3B0C-03EF-4AC4-B977-BBB519CAE581.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

By the way, when shave brush hardware comes out of the box, it has bed head. I turn it upside down for a while to counteract this. If need be a warm water bath, a shake and the hanging upside down poufs it out wonderfully. The brush should hang down to drain the water after rinsing it in normal use.

Very nicely done.... I like Spectraply and usually keep several blocks on hand... I buy the 3x3x12 inch blocks for use in my pepper mills... sometimes I will just use the block as it comes, but more often lately I slice it into +/- 1 inch slabs to incorporate in my glue up blanks.... also used a couple of blocks in some wine glass stems....
404065 (1).JPG
404066 (1).JPG

The green is Camo Extreme and the blue is Safari. The Camo I used the 3x3 block, just cut at about 4.5 inches.... these were water glasses I put
the stems on.... the bottom was shaped similar to the wood, except not quite so bulky....
The blue Safari, I cut the block cross ways to get the base, then the balance lengthwise to get the 4 pieces for the stems...

On the shaving kit, I have a kit I bought nearly 3 years ago, but haven't tried to make it... think I'll get into my Spectraply stock and see what I can come up with... I like what you did with yours.

Top Bottom