sharpen bandsaw blade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Has anyone ever sharpened a band saw blade? No one wants to sharpen one. Are they that hard or to expensive to sharpen?

Preston

Time consuming but doable. There are a ton of videos on doing this. I use a diamond hone. Same one for my tablesaw blades. I use Trend stones. They are some of the best on the market.

magpens

Sheesh ... you must have a lot of time on your hands. . A new blade is not that expensive.

jttheclockman

Sheesh ... you must have a lot of time on your hands. . A new blade is not that expensive.
Do you know how much a carbide blade runs Mal???

It is really not that hard once you get the hang of it. Just like sharpening a chainsaw blade.

bobrotondo

Has anyone ever sharpened a band saw blade? No one wants to sharpen one. Are they that hard or to expensive to sharpen?

Preston

here in downtown Australia I use a cheap chainsaw electric sharpener which is slightly modified for bandsaw blades nothing more satisfying than getting a bit more out of blade ,time consuming ,yes but heh I'm retired so no big deal time wise.

magpens

Hey, Bob, what part of Oz are you in ? . If you don't want to say, send a PM.

I lived in Adelaide for 12 yrs so I know the country fairly well.

Preston

here in downtown Australia I use a cheap chainsaw electric sharpener which is slightly modified for bandsaw blades nothing more satisfying than getting a bit more out of blade ,time consuming ,yes but heh I'm retired so no big deal time wise.

Top Bottom