Seven Wall Street 2s

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

I made a couple of Seam Rippers for a friend a month or so ago. She gave me some material her grandmother used to make her mother a dress years ago. She liked them so much she asked me if I could make some pens out of this pin striped material. It's from her husbands dads shirt he used to wear all the time. I said sure that I'd give it a shot. I've cast material several times but none like this. The main issue was that it's so thin I couldn't get hardly any stability out of it at all. I even recruited my neighbor, who's a seamstress, to try to get ideas. There's a fabric they iron in the back of the main fabric to stiffen it up but the glue I use wouldn't stick to it. It was impossible to get the lines any straighter without the edges fraying out of control. Anyway she and her husband loved them so I guess that's all that matters. It kept me busy for the last few weeks.
C9D85311-D496-46A6-AD49-00A9D4318853.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks for all the compliments. Like I said it was tough putting the blanks together. I did learn a few things along the way so I guess I'm improving my skills somewhat. It was fun experimenting with a few different ideas.

Top Bottom