Sept 8 Greater Houston Area meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Looks like our next meeting will be Saturday, September 8 at Ramon's in Alvin. Ramon will post more info with time and directions.

In the meantime, please post below if you plan to attend and what demos you would like to see or you can present.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kd5nay

I will be there. I'm pretty new so anything is a bonus for me, but maybe some segmenting demos or ideas would be nice.

Andy

rsjimenez

Ok, it looks like the meeting will be at my House in Alvin, TX. Time: 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.

I will do a demo on casting Polyester Resin Blanks.

We can order some pizza for lunch so plan on pitching in about $5 for lunch. I will supply some soft drinks and water.

Also, bring your pens and whatever else to show and a blank or two for a blank swap. As always, I will have my Acrylic blanks, Carbon Fiber and Fiberglass tubed blanks, Acrylic cross blanks, some pen kits and some other items for sale.

If you have not been to my house please send me a PM and I will reply with my address.

Thanks,

Kd5nay

If anyone other folks are into geocaching it could be kinda cool to do a little mini geocache with some blanks or something in it.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Again I ask - What demo would you like to see?
Here are some that have been done in the past:
Casting, PR and Alumilite (Ramon will be doing PR casting)
Stabilizing and dying blanks with Cactus Juice
Turning between centers
Powder coating
CA finish
Making your own carbide tool

If there is anything else you would like to see demoed or that you are willing to demo , please post.

vanngo5d

Is there anyone doing custom ( kitless pens) i would like to see it done. Maybe not completely but partials of each section. I'm having most trouble with the front section. Ok the other parts as well.

Don Vann

WildThings

Is there anyone doing custom ( kitless pens) i would like to see it done. Maybe not completely but partials of each section. I'm having most trouble with the front section. Ok the other parts as well.

Don Vann

x2 yessir

Again I ask - What demo would you like to see?

Turning between centers
CA finish
Making your own carbide tool

If there is anything else you would like to see demoed or that you are willing to demo , please post.

Any of these would be sweet

Last edited:

rsjimenez

I am cleaning the shop now and will have a lot of different things to sell for the local group first. If they do not sell than I will post in the classifieds.

I will have some exotic wood Blanks, snake skins, gator jaw bones, molds, pen kits, antler, wooden boxes, steam punk parts, brass tubes, powder coating system, seam rippers, pen cases, displays and other things.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
The meeting is this Saturday, September 8, at Ramon's in Alvin, TX. Time: 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
If anybody needs directions send Ramon, rsjimenez, a PM.
We will order pizza for lunch so plan on pitching in about $5 for lunch
Ramon will do a demo on casting Polyester Resin Blanks.
I'll bring the needed stuff for stabilizing and dying blanks with Cactus Juice, turning between centers
powder coating, CA finish and making your own carbide tool
Don Vann will do a water label demo.

Also, bring your pens and whatever else to show and a blank or two for a blank swap

The Penguin

not sure if I can make it our not...something about the wife wanting to celebrate something...nothing big...her birthday or some other occasion like that.

:biggrin:

rsjimenez

[FONT=&quot]Wives are welcomed. My wife will be here and I know of a few people that will be bringing theirs.[/FONT]

Sub Vet 10

How was the meet (and geocaching) ?
Bummer I couldn't make it because I was off on business in SE Asia for 5 weeks.

mson

The gathering was good, good demos, Don did a demo on decals, lots of fun as usual,picked up quite a few tips and answers as questions were asked.

The pizza was ...pizza. :wink:

No geocaching, kd5nay didn't show.

In my opinion, it was a good gathering. :)

Looking forward to the next meet already.

Last edited:

WildThings

No geocaching, kd5nay didn't show.

I didn't need no stinkin kd5nay for geocaching!!

Ended up just grabbing a few as I was running late both going and coming but the area is full of great hides and worth a daytrip there

This one's worth the trip just to see the huge majestic oaks. GCR8J4 I didn't realize the town had such huge Oak Trees. Need to grab the wife and head back for a day of caching the area.

Can't forget to mention this one either GC82D6 and if you're a Nolan Ryan fan here's one for you GCD899

OK that's enough for now LOL enjoy

Last edited:
Top Bottom