Selling my bass guitars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

This hits close to home. The last time I set up my drums a young fella said, "Cool, vintage set". I was in shock. Heck I bought them in 1962, that's not vintage. Well, I guess it is. Hope the person that gets these appreciates them.
I'm vintage!

I played a gig at a cool bar in Newport Beach; we were regulars. As I loaded my gear in a guy said how cool it was that I helped my son with his gig. I just let it go. Later I spotted the guy in the rear of the bar and we made eye contact. He put his head down…. Later a beer arrived as an apology.

moke

I had a Strat and a Kustom amp. I bought new in 1972. I was 13 at the time, spent every dime I had saved from my paper route. I traded them in 76( I think) for an ovation and some cash, cause I needed some mags for my car. It was a 25th anniversary edition, and I kept it. Fast forward to 2011 and I was photographing a Senior Portrait session, the kid produces that guitar. I said I think I have that very guitar, and he told me probably not they are rare and worth several thousand. I did have that guitar and yes it was worth a couple thousand, mostly because they were already many years past the 50th anniversary edition and it was pristine. I sold it and bought a very nice Taylor and a LED TV....I really never liked the rounded back of an Ovation.

I went back to playing shortly before I retired. I looked up the Kustom amp and Strat...and yes they were worth a ton of cash too....I always used to make fun of that amp many years later, mostly because it was blue metal flake material, tuck and rolled.....I used to say it was the ugliest amp I ever saw. Now that I saw it was worth a lot I now think it was beautiful.

I never played a bass....those look like they are worth every penny.

Top Bottom