Segmented Vases No's 1, 3 and 2.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Finally finished my First and Third vases today, these are inspired by the Late Ray Allen. Thank you Ray for the inspiration.

No.1. This is Purpleheart, Tasmanian Oak and has an Eastern Red Cedar base. I had to wait for the Purpleheart to oxidise after turning, and then I cut out through the shoulder and had to make 2 new rings. Then I had to wait again for the oxidisation and now it is finally finished. It is polished with Shellawax Glow and measures 7.75 x 7.25in Tall. The same size as No.2.

No.2. I posted this one already but just wanted to show the progress.

No.3. This one is also Tasmanian Oak, Jarrah, Queensland Walnut and brown wood. The two veneers used are Maple and Walnut. It consists of 299 pieces.
It is sanded to 400 and then polished with Shellawax Glow.
It is a little larger than 1 & 2, being 8in wide and 7.5in tall.
I hope you like them and Thank you for looking.
C & C Welcome.

Bob:)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Bob,

Great work with your segmentation pieces, I particularly like the #3 piece, but I like the other ones also, hard to choose, really...!

I hope you are having fun doing these, with so many pieces to make and handle, you can't certainly rush or be having a bad day, that would be disastrous but, and as someone once told me, "patience is a virtue..!", you obviously seem to have plenty of it, congrats...!

Cheers
George

turncrazy43

Bob, those are truly beautiful. I always love to see your work. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

bobleibo

Very nice! The segmenting work on all of them is excellent but that color combination you used for the 3rd one really appeals to me.
Great job

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Bob, all three are great! The precision and patience is very obvious. Excellent artistry.

But sheesh Bob!!! 299 - seriously ... couldn't you have just dropped a scrap piece in the vase to call it an even 300 :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Bob Wemm

Bob, all three are great! The precision and patience is very obvious. Excellent artistry.

But sheesh Bob!!! 299 - seriously ... couldn't you have just dropped a scrap piece in the vase to call it an even 300 :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Mark, I didn't do the count until it was all over, but I agree, just one more piece would have made a nice round number.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Bob.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looking again at the pictures...

I have been investigating segmenting, and that is next on my turning bucket list. :)

#3, your design 2/3 ways down (the fat part of the vase), you have a very unique design that I have not seen before (possibly my inexperience). But... it is very attractive and visually appealing.

Nice element!

Bob Wemm

Looking again at the pictures...

I have been investigating segmenting, and that is next on my turning bucket list. :)

#3, your design 2/3 ways down (the fat part of the vase), you have a very unique design that I have not seen before (possibly my inexperience). But... it is very attractive and visually appealing.

Nice element!

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the nice comments but that design is not mine, it belongs to the wonder man, Ray Allen.
Personally I like the high shoulder shape the best, but that is just me.

Cheers,

Bob.:)

Top Bottom