Segmented Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is my first full size Statesman pen, The blank is made from scrap Buckeye burl and curly maple that was given to me by John (desretrat). The wood was cut off left over from a huge block that he was cutting in to blanks.
Lucky Me. :biggrin:
Comments welcome, Thanks for looking.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ST2.jpg
    ST2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 587
  • ST4.jpg
    ST4.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 246
  • ST1.jpg
    ST1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 282
  • ST5.jpg
    ST5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Yep! Purty, Purty! Mike, what is the laminate, if you don't mind my asking, between the Buckeye and the curly Maple? Also, on this type of segmentation, what is your choice of adhesives. That is ONE FINE LOOKING PEN! I promise, I won't do a direct copy!! :highfive:

Last edited:

maxman400

Yep! Purty, Purty! Mike, what is the laminate, if you don't mind my asking, between the Buckeye and the curly Maple? Also, on this type of segmentation, what is your choice of adhesives. That is ONE FINE LOOKING PEN! I promise, I won't do a direct copy!! :highfive:
5 minute epoxy, unknown laminate (wood) it was just something I had laying around.

seamus7227

Love it Mike! But you always bring cool stuff to the table so its not surprising! That is also such a mean finish that i had to keep looking at the pictures, they mess with your eyes a bit cuz the shine is so awesome! Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom