Segmented round Thingies & holding jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

These two were finished today, they are both made from Tasmanian Oak (White) and Brown????wood. sanded to 400 and finished with WOP.
The Zig-zag one is 8.75inches wide and 6inches tall, consists of 273 pieces and is something special, a "One-off" if you like, because in the feature ring there is not only the Zig-zag pattern but a wave as well. Look closely and you will see it.
The Spiral one is 8.5inches wide and 8inches tall, and consists of 122 pieces.

Also the "Holding Jig" that was needed to finish off the bases.

Thank you for looking and I hope you like them.
C & C welcome.

Bob:)

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Wow Bob, you are certainly embracing the segmented work, aren't your..???

No wonder why we don't see you that much around here, anymore...! not that I can say much more, I have been myself a little busier lately and putting less time into IAP...!

Accurate mitters are a pain in the posterior, some folks managed to make up jigs on good tablesaws using super fine and high quality blades even then, the jigs for the glue ups are near as "crazy" as the jigs used in the cuts, good type of work for people with a lot of patience, something that, I don't have...!

Keep up with that good work mate, you are doing good...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

magpens

Beautiful "thingies", Bob !!! :):)

The "wave" that you refer to ... is that a designed-in feature ? ... or does it come about kind of automatically as a result of doing the zig-zag and the grain patterns the way they are ? It's cool !! ... almost like an extra dimension to the vessel.

bobleibo

Bob
Those are some very cool looking "Segmented round Thingies", well done. Your skill and patience is remarkable.
I like your "holding jig" ...they come in very handy. I spray the rounded off edges of mine with this stuff instead of the cloth padding. Use at least 3-4 coats. I think you'll like it.
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• pACE3-5947470enh-z7.jpg
    pACE3-5947470enh-z7.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Bob Wemm

Beautiful "thingies", Bob !!! :):)

The "wave" that you refer to ... is that a designed-in feature ? ... or does it come about kind of automatically as a result of doing the zig-zag and the grain patterns the way they are ? It's cool !! ... almost like an extra dimension to the vessel.

It comes about when you don't cut the exact amount from each side of the segment piece when you cut the angle. It really was an "accident" but like you say, it makes a cool addition to the pattern.

Bob.:biggrin:

Bob Wemm

Bob
Those are some very cool looking "Segmented round Thingies", well done. Your skill and patience is remarkable.
I like your "holding jig" ...they come in very handy. I spray the rounded off edges of mine with this stuff instead of the cloth padding. Use at least 3-4 coats. I think you'll like it.
Cheers
Bob

Bob,
Thanks for that, I don't know if we have anything like what you use but I will definitely check it out. It sounds good, and I hate the thought of lumps of rag flapping around at great speed. Although that does add a bit of "Excitement".

Bob.:biggrin:

Top Bottom