Segmented Jr. George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larryreitz

Larryreitz

Well, I'm really not going to say I think it's fit for a King, but I do like it. Antique brass Jr. George with segmented Birdseye maple and Rosewood Santos. I'm not sure how the Santos designation differentiates it from other rosewoods, but, at $69/BF it must be above average. First time for using the Jr. George hardware. I think the style could grow on me. Always interested in what others on the forum think, for better or worse. Thanks for looking.

_MG_9689.jpg

Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

Larry nice pen. The rosewood is too high of a price in my opinion.
I agree. I picked it up at the wood supplier where I buy a lot of poplar for my canvas stretching frames. My friend thought it was about $30/BF so I only bought a small piece. He was as shocked as I was when he looked up he price, but it was already cut so I took it. For about $30 I easily got 10-12 pen blanks out of it.

egnald

Very nice pen! I am really starting to become a fan of that type (pattern) of segmenting too even though I haven't made any like that myself. I am also a fan of the Jr. series kits. The one you used is particularly nice and the segmenting pairs very nicely with it. - Dave

Top Bottom