Segmented Jr. Gent II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisWillMake

ChrisWillMake

Just finished up this segmented Jr. Gent II. The main body was harvested from a storm damaged apple tree, dried and paired with walnut scallops and maple veneers.

Attachments

• DSC02197.png
    DSC02197.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Scallops are precise and the colors go well together. The apple is rather plain looking so adding scallops are a great addition to this pen. My only nitpick is I'd like it a little better if the long and short scallops matched up on each barrel.

ChrisWillMake

Scallops are precise and the colors go well together. The apple is rather plain looking so adding scallops are a great addition to this pen. My only nitpick is I'd like it a little better if the long and short scallops matched up on each barrel.
Absolutely agree with the critique. I need to come up with a better method for pressing and aligning threaded caps. My other nitpick with this one is I really should have used a bit of sanding sealer or thin CA to seal the pores before sanding as there is a bit of walnut dust the bled into the maple veneer.

jrista

Fantastic!!! I really love how that went together! Excellent wood choices, subtle contrasts, really nice!

Top Bottom