Segmented Dragon Skin Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John Eldeen

John Eldeen

We are going to call this dragon skin only because it is wrapped around a PSI dragon rollerball kit. The blank is made from lacewood with balck and red cardstock separators. Segmenting is definitely for the patient. There is about 5 hours work time in the blank and 30 minutes to make the pen.
20190727_200222.jpg
20190727_201633.jpg
20190727_204748.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

Nicely done ! That is an amazing amount of work that paid off with an awesome pen !
Did you sell a lot of dragon themed pens during T.G of T. seasons ?

RyanS

I wouldn't have thought that segmenting job would result in that finished pen.. great foresight; I need more imagination! Great work.

Lucky2

John, that blank is gorgeous, and personally, I don't think you could find a better blank for that kit. I'm not a big fan of the kit either, and this is the first of these kits that I liked. Well done, you're a very good segmenter. And I'm sorry, but only one like is allowed, otherwise, I would have given you more.

Len

John Eldeen

I'm not a fan of the kit but it is made by the blank you segmented. It would make any pen look good.
Thanks Peter this is the second attempt at this style of blank the first one came out good but I wasn't completely happy with it. A change to the angle and offset between segments and here it is just the way I wanted it to look. I couldn't be happier. As for the kit it isn't my favorite either but for the shop the diversity is good.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful segmenting. The scalloped effect is almost subtle, but the title fits perfectly. If a more vibrant veneer was chosen (Styrene, acrylic, etc) it would have had a more striking separation, but I suspect a "fake" appearance; this color scheme looks more true to an authentic skin. I appreciate the effort for the segmenting and the skills needed for the symetry and alignment.

Very nice.

John Eldeen

Wonderful segmenting. The scalloped effect is almost subtle, but the title fits perfectly. If a more vibrant veneer was chosen (Styrene, acrylic, etc) it would have had a more striking separation, but I suspect a "fake" appearance; this color scheme looks more true to an authentic skin. I appreciate the effort for the segmenting and the skills needed for the symetry and alignment.

Very nice.
Thanks Mark I had contemplated using a higher contrast separators but your suspensions are correct. I ultimately went more subdued with the color for a more "authentic " look.

Top Bottom