Segmented designer elite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from neon007

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon007

I thought I would give segmenting another try. Here I used some orange osage with one of my castings. I finished it up to 2000grt and then applied some bees wax. hope everyone likes it. I look forward to your comments.

ds2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Keith,
Your off to a great start! That looks just like one of my first segmented pens. Now if I may make a suggestion I would like you to push it a little. After you cut your top barrel at an angle take a contrasting wood (as you have done) and cut a smaller piece and glue to the top side only! Now.....Take the lower half and flip the blank over and cut again at the same angle so that it will cut across the angle cut you created with your first cut. Now cut another small piece of contrasting wood and glue this between the two pieces of the lower section. Take this to you saw and cut a little off at the angle you already have set. Basically you are cleaning the edge up. Now glue the top part onto the bottom and turn and take a look at what you have done.[;)]
If you happen to live in the Dallas area I would be more than happy to invite you to my shop and show you some ways of making cuts to create unique pens.
One more thing....Turn on some nice music as you create!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom