Segmented Bowl No. 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Got this one finished today, it was sanded to 320grit, then finished with Wipe on Poly, 4 coats.:)

It's 11 inches wide and 5.25 inches tall.

It has 73 pieces and 6 different species of wood.
Jarrah
Blackheart Sassafras
Pine
Casuarina (she oak)
Tasmanian Oak
Oregon.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

As usual, C & C welcome.

Bob.:)

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 156
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Bob, you done it again mate, very nicely done and that "sassafras" looks really nice in there...!

Is that pine, from your end or mine ?, it looks familiar.

I was just thinking of something and I started laughing you know why...???

I was thinking of those that don't know you that, they may think that, you had to resort to use all your leftovers on these glue-ups because, you run out of full size blanks to work with...!:eek::biggrin:

Thinking of that possibility, it was funny to me as I know that you have a shed full of logs, blanks, limbs, branches, slabs, etc, etc...! hahahahah:)

In any case, is interesting to see you do this sort of work, you are certainly doing a great job with it so, keep them coming my friend, keep that coming...!:biggrin:

What glue are you using and what is you average drying time...??

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

Hi Bob, you done it again mate, very nicely done and that "sassafras" looks really nice in there...!

Is that pine, from your end or mine ?, it looks familiar.

I was just thinking of something and I started laughing you know why...???

I was thinking of those that don't know you that, they may think that, you had to resort to use all your leftovers on these glue-ups because, you run out of full size blanks to work with...!:eek::biggrin:

Thinking of that possibility, it was funny to me as I know that you have a shed full of logs, blanks, limbs, branches, slabs, etc, etc...! hahahahah:)

In any case, is interesting to see you do this sort of work, you are certainly doing a great job with it so, keep them coming my friend, keep that coming...!:biggrin:

What glue are you using and what is you average drying time...??

Cheers
George

Hi George,
The pine is a "cut off" from one of the houses around here, probably from a roof truss.
I'm using Titebond 111 for the glue ups and I can remove the clamps after about 1 hour. Serious cutting though is 24 hours, after all the work I don't want to have an explosion.
Yes, it's true that I am using scrap boards and bits N pieces, better than chucking them out.
It is a lot of fun but I sure have a lot to learn. These two have been very basic.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi George,
The pine is a "cut off" from one of the houses around here, probably from a roof truss.
I'm using Titebond 111 for the glue ups and I can remove the clamps after about 1 hour. Serious cutting though is 24 hours, after all the work I don't want to have an explosion.
Yes, it's true that I am using scrap boards and bits N pieces, better than chucking them out.
It is a lot of fun but I sure have a lot to learn. These two have been very basic.

Basic :eek:... Not from my perspective. I was thinking, beautiful! Wonderful bowl, Bob.

Bob Wemm

Hi George,

Basic :eek:... Not from my perspective. I was thinking, beautiful! Wonderful bowl, Bob.
Hi Mark,

By some standards they are very simple/basic pieces, but for a first and second attempt I am quite happy with the results.
Thanks for your comments.

Top Bottom