Segmented Bling-less Harvest Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Campbell

Here is the most recent attempt at a bling-less pen. The kit is the bling-less Harvet fountain pen from Timberbits. The tubes, coupling, centerband, and nib is used. The wood segments are maple and black walnut. Still working on the segmenting skills, but things are coming along.

Attachments

• IMG_6602.JPG
    IMG_6602.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_6601.JPG
    IMG_6601.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

Very nice. Like Ken said, you can't see where the cap meets the barrel. Great craftsmanship!

Jim Campbell

Thanks for the great comments and compliments. The input and support is what I like about the Penturners group.

This pen is 5 1/2" long, split evenly between cap and body. I think I'll go with a 3" cap and 4" body on the next one. More in the 7" range.

I am working one is the consistency of the segment cuts. I tried a chop saw with this pen. The chop saw has too much startup torque and too aggressive of braking for me to feel comfortable cutting .188 (3/16") segments on. I think I'll go back to the table saw.

I appreciate the compliments on the segmenting, and I understand I'm my own worst critic. The segments were off in width from start to finish. The range went from .170 to .195. I ended up sorting the segments into three camps; .170-.179, .180-.189, and .190+.

The segmented section of the pen is a mix of the .170 grouped segments and .180 grouped segments, stagered every other segment.

It's a learning process. Gives an old retired guy something to do.

Top Bottom