Segmented Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

I really enjoy segmenting, as there is a lot more work going into the blank, and a lot of directions you can take as you go about building the blank. I added some neon yellow veneer strips to this pen, just because. I like the splash of color. The center segment is actually a resin I cast last year - it's sort of a bronze/gold, but it has some "depth" (chatoyance?) to it.

003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG008.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Superb segmenting Kevin. I'm not usually a fan of the scallops as they are very hard to get the points aligned properly, and no taper on the offsides, but you nailed it! The material combinations is also appealing. Many will miss the detail needed in the planning to get the proportions matching for both upper and lower sections; again, very well executed.

Thanks for sharing 👏 👏 👏 .

KMCloonan

Superb segmenting Kevin. I'm not usually a fan of the scallops as they are very hard to get the points aligned properly, and no taper on the offsides, but you nailed it! The material combinations is also appealing. Many will miss the detail needed in the planning to get the proportions matching for both upper and lower sections; again, very well executed.

Thanks for sharing 👏 👏 👏 .
Thank you Mark!

Top Bottom