"Segmented" 3D pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkeith

jkeith

Here are a couple of pens I finished tonight. The first is something I have been working on for a while now. I wanted to be able to create a segmented looking resin blank in an argyle style. I used my 3D printer to create an insert which I poured the resin around. Still a few kinks to work out but I think the finished product looks amazing. The second one was something I had also been thinking about, but after I saw Mark James' "mismatched chevrons" post I modified my original idea and merged it with his chevron design. My next course of action is to do the chevron design in multiple colors like the argyle. I would love to hear your feedback on them!

Attachments

• IMG_1266-800x600.jpg
    IMG_1266-800x600.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1268-800x600.jpg
    IMG_1268-800x600.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1271-800x600.jpg
    IMG_1271-800x600.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1272-800x600.jpg
    IMG_1272-800x600.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those are wonderful Joey. It's always nice to see others continue your initial concept in unique ways; well done.

I look forward to seeing your variations. I've been busy with family responsibilities the past several months, but I hope to get some shop time soon and work on some variations of my own.

Great stuff!

ajollydds

I personally love the chevron design. Now you and mark can keep tinkering with your designs and we can enjoy the pen turning version of a "dance off". [emoji6]

leehljp

Member Liaison
GREAT, Both of them.

People on this forum continue to amaze me with the advancement of different ideas and techniques. Thanks. This is a great place to learn, and I am a perpetual student!

MRDucks2

The two color cast of the argyle is neat. I presume you did not have any issues with one resin weeping between segments. Some, maybe even you, have mentioned this as an issue with the 3D printers as their may be holes between passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jkeith

The two color cast of the argyle is neat. I presume you did not have any issues with one resin weeping between segments. Some, maybe even you, have mentioned this as an issue with the 3D printers as their may be holes between passes.

No issues at all. A lot of it depends on how you print it. I've do a lot of testing to make sure everything comes out like planned.

jkeith

Those are wonderful Joey. It's always nice to see others continue your initial concept in unique ways; well done.

I look forward to seeing your variations. I've been busy with family responsibilities the past several months, but I hope to get some shop time soon and work on some variations of my own.

Great stuff!

Thanks! 3D printing really opens up a whole new world of possibilities and I have more ideas that I am working on too. Your chevron pens are amazing and I anxiously await your new designs!

Top Bottom