"Segma Cast" Euro - Spalted Wormy Dogwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
This is one of my "Segma Cast" blanks. The wood is spalted, wormy dogwood (this stuff was really spongy) and it is dyed kind of a light teal with purple and blue resin cast into the segment lines. This was a bit of an experiment, and I was really happy with the stabilization, it was almost solid resin because the wood was so punky.

The lower tube is a bit more jumbofied than I intended, and I got the finish a little bit thick at the nib. I hate being able to feel the joint line between the wood and the hardware. Oh well! Next! heh

Chrome Euro kit from Ernie, CA finish, mm3600, white diamond, Ren wax

SegmaCast1_1.jpg

SegmaCast1_2.jpg

Comments/Questions/Suggestions welcome and appreciated, as always! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by Vince_Hoffmann

I love the colors !!! Absolutely beautiful finish too. I like your little bead above the center band, you're giving me ideas... :)

Actually, as far as I know, the design credit for that little bead at the bushing should go to Ed Davidson (YoYoSpin). I saw a few of his pens that use that and I really like the idea, because it gives you some flexibility on bushing accuracy. It also breaks up the B2B thing a little bit.

That bead started out as a custom center band and things went a little awry, but I was able to cut off the bad parts and retreat back to the stock CB and still keep some detail.

Thanks for the compliments everybody! :D

Top Bottom