Second wood fountain with ebonite sleeves

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hippie3180

Hippie3180

We just completed our second wood fountain with ebonite sleeves. They take some thinking through, but I think we're getting there, there will be more.
Peruvian Walnut with ebonite sleeves and section and synthetic turquoise finial.

IMG_3465.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Besutiful!! Peruvian Walnut is one of my favorite woods...just LOVE the dark chocolate color it has. Your finish is superb. Love the glassy look.

I'm curious what the badge on the cap looks like? Can you get a photo of that?

Hippie3180

Besutiful!! Peruvian Walnut is one of my favorite woods...just LOVE the dark chocolate color it has. Your finish is superb. Love the glassy look.

I'm curious what the badge on the cap looks like? Can you get a photo of that?
Thank you, I'm really trying to work on my finishing. Pardon the bit of lint on the cap, with that shiny finish all the little things show up. I didn't notice it until too late. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3473.jpeg
    IMG_3473.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 162

its_virgil

NIce, very nice! As expensive as ebonite is I use acrylic acetate for sleeves. It threads and polishes nicely and not a pocket book breaker. Where in Texas? We may be neighbors. Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

jrista

Thank you, I'm really trying to work on my finishing.

I think you've improved quite a bit since the last pen. There were still some visible scratches in the past, but this one looks pretty darn good! I can't see anything in the photo at least. I think that's what takes a good pen to the next level, and something any potential customers would appreciate.

Hippie3180

NIce, very nice! As expensive as ebonite is I use acrylic acetate for sleeves. It threads and polishes nicely and not a pocket book breaker. Where in Texas? We may be neighbors. Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thank you, we're in Lubbock..a few hours away.

Hippie3180

I think you've improved quite a bit since the last pen. There were still some visible scratches in the past, but this one looks pretty darn good! I can't see anything in the photo at least. I think that's what takes a good pen to the next level, and something any potential customers would appreciate.
I've been taking your tips to heart, maybe after Christmas is all sorted out I can get myself some buffing wheels. 😉

Top Bottom