Second up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Another blue titanium Elegant Monarch pen with a unknown blank. Thanks for looking. Thought I would post these 2 close to each other because the same kit was used. I like the light brown with the blue and wanted to try this combo. What do you think??

Copy of IMGP0061.JPG
Copy of IMGP0064.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Thanks Steve. I actually like this kit and may use again with other blanks. I also bought 3 other different kits and like those as well. Will show them later in the week. Now is it a kit that will stand up to abuse, who knows. I may never know. Probably give it away. My family has too many of my pens already but sure they will not turn down.

SteveJ

The problem with some kits is that an unproven playing can come back to bite you even if you give it away. I've had a few come back from my kids with the finish with off within a month. Hopefully that won't happen here. If I remember correctly you made a blue cigar a while ago. Did that wear well?

jttheclockman

The problem with some kits is that an unproven playing can come back to bite you even if you give it away. I've had a few come back from my kids with the finish with off within a month. Hopefully that won't happen here. If I remember correctly you made a blue cigar a while ago. Did that wear well?
That is still in my collection and has not been tested. I have not read any pros or cons with this new finish, maybe because it is so new. I have no idea how many pens I have given away but I know I still have at least 400. Sold many at my shows too so I have to be getting up there in count. But to me it is all about creating. As I said these are basic blanks just to try the kits out. I will get back to segmenting and casting soon. That is where my enjoyment lies these days. These are fun to do once in awhile but I would be bored out of my mind if I had to make these type pens all the time. I did alot of basic wood and acrylic blanks when I first started out and thus the many in inventory. I never show all the pens I make. Now it is the special ones only. I basically showing these new kits to maybe give people ideas if they want to try them and give an idea what may look OK with them. One of these is going to a Nephew who is hard on pens so he may put it to its test. He is an auto mechanic and is always filling out work orders and things so writes with pens every day. I made him a gear pen awhile ago and just from him using it at work got a few orders from that. I was surprised that that pen held up well.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Nice pen John, I wonder what this kit would look like if it had a denim blank?

Len
Denim would be a nice blank for sure. Even my guitar picks would look good on it. Hope to see others give them a try. I am not pushing these because I have no skin in the game at all. Who knows when I will do another but the blue is actually eye appealing.

Top Bottom