Second in a series of four

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

First in the series is here
The inspiration for this block's color combination was from a Jonathon Brooks blank making video (starting at about 17:50)
Same hardware as #1
C&C welcome.

XC3Y7710.jpg XC3Y7713.jpg

XC3Y7715.jpg XC3Y7719.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Amazing. Thanks for including the link to the 1st in the series. Beautiful blanks, very nice complementary colors. Absolutely stunning workmanship, with the Finial inlay, the additional center band, and the insert on the clip. Inspirational!

magpens

BEAUTIFUL . . . . . AGAIN !!!! . . . ๐Ÿ˜ . . ๐Ÿ˜

Love that Blingless Harvest pen kit . . . . and what you have done with it . . ! !

Fred Bruche

BEAUTIFUL . . . . . AGAIN !!!! . . . ๐Ÿ˜ . . ๐Ÿ˜

Love that Blingless Harvest pen kit . . . . and what you have done with it . . ! !
Thanks Mal! I still have a few of these kits on hand but the source will dry out soon.
I've been thinking that it could be nice to get Blingless Pharaoh or Imperial or Abraham or Emperor... but Dayacom would probably require a minimum order quantity too large for what I could reasonably make/sell (eventually).

jrista

These are really incredible. I love the little bits of blank in between the pen kit parts, and embedded in the cap. Is this a pen kit, or a totally custom pen design?

Fred Bruche

These are really incredible. I love the little bits of blank in between the pen kit parts, and embedded in the cap. Is this a pen kit, or a totally custom pen design?
They are fun to make, a bit more challenging but doable.
This is indeed a kit, made by Dayacom (but I believe discontinued now) and an Australian vendor placed an order some years ago for a "blingless" version, that is with bare components and no accent pieces. Link to the site where you can read more about the kit. I was in contact via email a few years ago with Timberbits (to inquire about the rollerball version of the rhodium-plated kit), from what I could piece together, they placed a special order/batch with Dayacom and are not planning to order more once their current stock is sold out.

jrista

They are fun to make, a bit more challenging but doable.
This is indeed a kit, made by Dayacom (but I believe discontinued now) and an Australian vendor placed an order some years ago for a "blingless" version, that is with bare components and no accent pieces. Link to the site where you can read more about the kit. I was in contact via email a few years ago with Timberbits (to inquire about the rollerball version of the rhodium-plated kit), from what I could piece together, they placed a special order/batch with Dayacom and are not planning to order more once their current stock is sold out.

Ah, so if I understand correctly, you need the blingless version in order to turn and insert your own "bling"?

I really like that, the ability to add your own bling... Really a bummer they seem to be EOL. I guess I'll have to buy a few of these, before they are gone forever. o_O

EDIT: Oh, I see now...the only place the blingless can be found is in Australia... I wonder if they would ship to the US...

Fred Bruche

Ah, so if I understand correctly, you need the blingless version in order to turn and insert your own "bling"?

I really like that, the ability to add your own bling... Really a bummer they seem to be EOL. I guess I'll have to buy a few of these, before they are gone forever. o_O

EDIT: Oh, I see now...the only place the blingless can be found is in Australia... I wonder if they would ship to the US...
Yes, you are correct. And I didn't have to fly to Australia to get the kits in my shop... but don't expect next day delivery with M&Ms ๐Ÿ˜…

jrista

Yes, you are correct. And I didn't have to fly to Australia to get the kits in my shop... but don't expect next day delivery with M&Ms ๐Ÿ˜…

Ordered some! After checking on airmail delays, I decided to spend a bit more on the express shipping, as I don't want to suffer these getting lost in the mail (which seems to be a very common occurrence these days over the 12+ weeks airmail can take to arrive... o_O)

Top Bottom