"Seashell" box.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Hi, the idea for this pine box came from a magazine article about an open "Scollop edged" bowl which also had gilding on the inside. Mine looks nothing like the original, but I am very happy with it, just the same.:)
It measures 9 x 6.75in.
Thanks for looking.:biggrin:
C&C welcome.
Cheers
Bob.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

That looks pretty cool, Bob. How stable is it? It looks top heavy. That would be my only concern.

Hi Billy,
It is not stable at all, quite top heavy.
I've seen this sort of shape so many times I decided it was time to make one myself. It is more suited to "Decoration" rather than "Functionality".
Geez, that's a big word for me.

Bob

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job on the embellishment, it's a pretty piece. I am intrigued by your tapered tenon on the lid, it seems to have lots of potential, but challenging as well, as it would seem to prevent the use of the square tenon as a jamb chuck.

Bob Wemm

I believe is a beautiful piece, and I love the finishing, can you give some details on this?

Sure, why not.:wink:
It is plain builders radiata pine, after sealing I cut the grooves with my die grinder, then a coat of Marine blue all over the outside. That give a good colour as a background. Then a "hit & miss" coat of gold followed by the same H & M with Irridescent green. Then laquered with Krylon.
It is supposed to represent the shell colours.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your interest.
Bob.:biggrin:

Top Bottom