Search errors?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Have you been getting errors like this on the search page?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'
Timeout expired
/forum/search.asp, line 377

I thought my searches were just too complicated or something since nobody had mentioned they were having problems. The reason was that the search queries were structured for an older database. I added some new magic dust and searches are reasonably fast now. I think I can make them even faster if I can find the jar of extra-strength magic dust.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I got that too, mostly when searching the archive. I just thought it was that mine are that complicated (too many hits). Glad I wasn't the only one!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Try a search that used to fail. I just did one with 6 words and included the archive and it ran in about 18 seconds. Previously, just a couple terms and no archive and it gagged.

Yarael

Well Jeff I havent had any issues searching but from what you posted sounds like you SQL data base query stuff was messed up somewhere. Sounds like you fixed it. Me personally I always hated dealing with MS SQL Server. It never liked me. Thus the reason I stick to HW stuff. Doesnt argue as much. It either works or tells you to go away.[:p]

M

Mudder

Searches seem fine now, I just thought it was growing pains.

I have found lately that when I preview a post it often gives me an empty boy that says "invalid index".

Fangar

I was having problems when searching for nude bikini models... Uh wait that wasn't this site. Please disregard that.

[:I]

Fangar

Gary Max

I needed a post that was 6 months old last night and the system took me right to it. Heck I just thought my putter was working for a change---LOL--- anyway Jeff thanks for keeping everything running for us.[:)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have had it time ouot as you mentioned in the past but not as often now.
There is a thread that doesn't come up ans I know it is there somewhere.
Also when it did time out I just repeated the search.Sometimes it eventually came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom