SE Virginia pen turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrymiller

I have been turning for about a year now and have met a couple of turners locally. I was wanting to possibly get together with some of the other turners locally and see how they set up their shops. I attended one of the Tidewater turners meetings but would prefer to meet outside of a club setting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

Tidewater Turner's is a good place to get to know people. Penhead is the VP over there. I try to make the run down there when I can, but have not for a while.

Last year, we had a BBQ at my place, so we shall see what happens this year.

MDWine

There's a few of us in Northern Virginia, if you ever get up this way. We went to John's last year for a VERY nice picnic. (I still get flashbacks of that jalepeno, tho![xx(])

Alright Larry, you can stop laughing now![;)]

Hook up with John and Larry, guarantee 'good times'!!

lkorn

Originally posted by MDWine
<br />There's a few of us in Northern Virginia, if you ever get up this way. We went to John's last year for a VERY nice picnic. (I still get flashbacks of that jalepeno, tho![xx(])

Alright Larry, you can stop laughing now![;)]

Hook up with John and Larry, guarantee 'good times'!!

Nothing to laugh at Mike, I thoroughly ENJOYED both mine and your share of the stuffed jalapeno's [8D]

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Terry, glad to hear you attended one of our TT club meetings. The club meetings are interesting and good for socializing, but not very helpful if you looking for hands on type of involvement.

However, we do have an 'open lathe' night the fourth Thursday of each month (tomorrow night 23Feb06 from 6pm-9pm. The club owns a number of lathes and the owner of Woodcraft is kind enough to allow us to keep them at the store. As long as you are a member of the club, you are welcome to use the lathes. During open lathe night an experienced turner will be there to provide assistance/guidance.

The club also has a mentoring program set up. We will match someone who is new to turning, or someone who maybe just wants to learn a particular new style, with an experienced turner who will show/explain/teach. See me at the next meeting and we'll see what we can get set up.

Also, send me an email and I'll send you my phone number.

JohnP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom