SCRATCH REMOVER

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

A local aquarium store (a really damn good one at that) sells it. Used to buff scratches out of acrylic tanks. Not that it's much help to you but was kinda neat to see where my two hobbies intersect.

Bob A

Has anybody compared Novus to Mcgwires (sp?) plastic polish? I looked a few places for Novus but had to settle for the Mcgwires. It helped but there are still some tiny scratches in a lucite pen I turned this weekend. Just wondering if I should order the Novus or am I expecting too much from a polish.

Rifleman1776

I was going to buy some scratch remover from Wal-Mart but their selection confused me so I just passed. Actually, they had a good selection, not Wally's fault. But the prices ran from under $2.00 a bottle to about $10.00. Being the frugal type [:I] I didn't want to risk paying ten bucks for something I could have gotten for two dollars. But, then I didn't want to risk getting a bad product at $2.00 and regret not buying the better high priced version. Does anyone know if there is a difference? BTW, someone reminded me there are old fashioned scratch removers that might work fine. Toothpaste used to be a standby. And cigar ashes mixed with mayonaise.

gerryr

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />And cigar ashes mixed with mayonaise.

Frank, on the island of Bonaire in the Netherlands Antilles, if you order something that comes with french fries, they bring you a bottle of mayonaise, not ketchup.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
The best plastic polish I have used is Brasso. It is a very fine abrasive, and costs about $3.50 for a can at the grocery store.

It doesn't work as well on a CA finish because the ammonia in the Brasso reacts with the CA and dulls the gloss. The result is a smoother semi-gloss surface.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />

Frank, on the island of Bonaire in the Netherlands Antilles, if you order something that comes with french fries, they bring you a bottle of mayonaise, not ketchup.

When I was up in Canada a few years ago I stopped in a McDonalds and they asked if I wanted gravey with my fries. One time in a little place in Europe they brought out a little bit of vinigar to put on the fries.

its_virgil

I have been using HUT Ultra Gloss Plastic Polish since my first plastic pen, on my CA finished pens, and now on the PR encapsulated snake skins and I don't see how anything else could do any better...could be wrong...maybe I should try all this other sfuff....naw...if it ain't broke, then don't work on it. I am really quite happy with the reslults.
Do a good turn daily!

Don

sptfr43

It would seem that almost any good auto scratch remover will work. I use Blue Coral and it shines up great with no scratches and it's alot cheaper in the big bottles

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />

When I was up in Canada a few years ago I stopped in a McDonalds and they asked if I wanted gravey with my fries. One time in a little place in Europe they brought out a little bit of vinigar to put on the fries.

Vinegar is good on fries[:D] Some Yankee from Buffalo taught me that[;)]

gerryr

Fish and Chips(french fries), sold by a guy called a "Pearlyman" in England always comes with Malt Vinegar for the fish and the chips. Wonderful stuff.[:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom