Scottsdale/Phoenix AZ Chapter-anyone interested?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

Hello,
I live in Scottsdale, AZ and have seen these Chapter groups forming/meeting for a while and I don't believe we have a Scottsdale/Phoenix group.

Is anyone interested in meeting?

Nicholas Frederick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

There's an event this Friday night as part of the Desert Woodturning Roundup in Mesa at the Mesa Convention Center.

Jason

Jason,
Good point, the challenge is I have another commitment this weekend. We should think about getting a group going in AZ. I'll bet there are alot of AZ pen turners...

Texatdurango

There's an event this Friday night as part of the Desert Woodturning Roundup in Mesa at the Mesa Convention Center.

Jason

Nicholas, I am driving down from Show Low to Mesa friday and plan on spending the weekend shopping and enjoying some nice restaraunts and of course will make the friday evening meeting between 6 and 8pm. I was hoping on meeting some members of the local turning club and thought about once a month, making a weekend trip to the big city which would include making their monthly meetings!

Having a monthly meeting of penturners wouldn't be half bad in itself and I would be willing to travel a few miles.... assuming there are places my wife can shop while I talk woodworking!:)

Are either of ya'll planning on making the friday get together? Vendors will be setup by early afternoon friday so buying some turning goodies is also a possibility!:)

Seer

George I know the local wood stores have been kind in offering some of the woodworking clubs a place to meet. I will be there tomorrow and hope to see you and some others.
Jerry

Texatdurango

George I know the local wood stores have been kind in offering some of the woodworking clubs a place to meet. I will be there tomorrow and hope to see you and some others.
Jerry

I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the ruggedly handsome tall gentleman with the slightly graying hair and a pocketfull of pens. Oh wait...... that could be anyone! :biggrin:

See ya there.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Damn, too short of notice or I would have considered a trip out there. Maybe I can catch a future meeting out that way.

Texatdurango

So................ from the interest shown, may I assume there are only four pen turners in the greater Phoenix area OR.... is everyone just bashful, anti-social, too busy to reply or just really don't care to try to get some get togethers in place? :eek:

I'm in for meeting other pen turners and the drive from Show Low was really a nice scenic drive down through the salt river canyon.

I got to meet a few local folks and one from Alaska last night at the convention center but time slipped away and I didn't get a chance to meet a few others who I think were there or spend much time talking pen turning.

Perhaps next time! :wink:

Back in Texas, we got off to a SLOW start with only 4 or 5 turners at our first IAP get together but after a few meetings we were up to over 20 people cramming themselves into our shops and we always had a good time! All it takes is to TALK IT UP...... and others WILL chime in! :)

hebertjo

Sorry I missed the round up. I am up for a meeting. I have 3 little ones and baseball is about to start up ( all 3 are playing this year) so my schedule is a bit tight but if I can make I would love to talk shop with folks.

I've been inactive for awhile but have recently rekindled my interest in pen making and would welcome a chance to get together others "bitten by the bug." Live in Gilbert and happy to travel wherever others may want to gather.

Texatdurango

As I stated last year, we live in Show Low but visit the Mesa/Phoenix area twice a month for shopping/dining. Unless a meeting is on the far west side of Phoenix, I would likely attend.

'course, if ya'll wanted to make a day of it and carpool one day, my shop is always open and available as a gathering place. It's a 2.5 hour drive AND... it doesn't require an air conditioner in the summer! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Haynie

Being on the other side of the state prevents me from attending any regular meeting. Being as shy as I am prevents even more. Maybe someday.

Gilrock

I'm in Tucson, AZ and I'm willing to travel on occasion. I have to admit I don't browse every subsection of the forum so this thread just now caught my eye cause I saw the word "Phoenix" listed in the recent post list.

Xander

I'd be interested in a meeting. I'm in Phoenix. When I joined IAP about a month ago I posted in the Phoenix chapter but I guess no-one was home.

Top Bottom