Scissors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

B6665087-314D-4EC2-92A9-ABD49334E8F4.jpeg
3320E124-C232-4599-9850-BB8C829774ED.jpeg
These were requested by my wife for her to give to some of her friends for Christmas. She chose the blanks from my stash and she drilled them, I did the rest. Obviously a pretty straight forward kit. Hybrid blanks were done by Kenny Durrant and the blue one with sweet gum pods was by Cody Walker, one of the blanks he sent in last years pith. Kits came from Exotic Blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful quartet. Each is great, but the sweet gum pod is exceptional IMO. Very nice Ken. 👍 (I trust the Laguna is back in your possession).

KenB259

Beautiful quartet. Each is great, but the sweet gum pod is exceptional IMO. Very nice Ken. 👍 (I trust the Laguna is back in your possession).
Laguna is back in my hands 😁. The sweet gum is pretty cool, but was a bear to turn. CA was my friend on that one.

KenB259

They look beautiful , but what is the cutting capability of the scissors ? Fingernails , a credit card , cloth , or just a single sheet of paper ?
They are actually quite sharp and I doubt they are intended for heavy duty use. My wife carries hers in her purse anuses them for an occasional coupon.

Last edited:

RGVPens

They are actually quite sharp and I doubt they are intended for heavy duty use. My wife carries hers in her purse anuses them for an occasional coupon.
I was wondering the same thing. Good to know they're sharp. Do you think they are solid enough to last...or will fall apart in a few uses like cheep ones I've seen before? If I'm going to make and sell them I want some that are better than the $1 store type stuff.

Those look really nice! I would think they would be a good seller.

KenB259

I was wondering the same thing. Good to know they're sharp. Do you think they are solid enough to last...or will fall apart in a few uses like cheep ones I've seen before? If I'm going to make and sell them I want some that are better than the $1 store type stuff.

Those look really nice! I would think they would be a good seller.
I feel for what they are they are made pretty well, way better that cheaper ones I've seen. Probably my best advise is to just order one when you're ordering other things and give them a try. I can tell you my wife has one and she loves it. She also hasn't used it a lot yet, so I can't really vouch for its durability.

KMCloonan

The scissors look really nice! Glad your wife was able to help.

My wife has a similar scissors (I'm not sure where she got them), but they mostly get used to snip loose threads from shirts or blouses. Definitely not made for much heavier work.

Top Bottom