Schmidt 5888 & 888 alternative

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chrisj8221

wondering other the the Pilot G2, is there any alternatives to the schmidt refills anyone would suggest. While i like the schmidt refills, they are not easily obtainable in my location that i am aware of.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

If you want to confine your purchases to Canada, William Wood-Write carries them too. The cost of exchange and perhaps GST/PST taxes added by Customs makes them competitive these days.

Disclaimer: In case you are not aware my wife sells pen blanks through this company.

chrisj8221

thanks curly - i seem to order from william wood-write every other week - but was looking for an alternative that is easily purchased for friends i give my "hobby pieces" to. something that they can pick up at staples :)

cj

Curly

I checked Staples and Walmart and they don't carry the little beasties. You'll have to either give them an extra or keep a small stock to sell to them when they need one. Sadly it's fast becoming a mail order world for small things like refills so your recipients may have to resort to hunting for them like we do.

Skie_M

I checked Staples and Walmart and they don't carry the little beasties. You'll have to either give them an extra or keep a small stock to sell to them when they need one. Sadly it's fast becoming a mail order world for small things like refills so your recipients may have to resort to hunting for them like we do.

Hey, Burt! I done bagged me 5 of them new Schmidt refills off that there etsy dot comma thingy!

Ernie .... do ya mean etsy dot com?

Oh, yeah, that thingy, uh huh!

How much did you pay per refill?

Just 3 bucks each! :biggrin:

Ernie, you fool, you bought them things off me! I got em off Amazon.com for 2 bucks apiece! :laugh:

chrisj8221

here in canada it would look like this...

I got em off Amazon.ca for $9.95 a piece, plus $14.95 shipping for each one.

so you spent $25 for one refill?

yep, and with the exchage rate it only cost me a bit over $32 per refill from amazon...

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

That's crazy, I charge $1.80 per refill , shipping to Canada is $19.95 but if we can ship international 1st. class we refund the difference so shipping will end up about maybe $1 each or less if 10 or more are bought and yes we do refund partial shipping 90% of all orders shipped to Canada:biggrin:

here in canada it would look like this...

I got em off Amazon.ca for $9.95 a piece, plus $14.95 shipping for each one.

so you spent $25 for one refill?

yep, and with the exchage rate it only cost me a bit over $32 per refill from amazon...

Curly

Roy the guys were just making light of the cost of buying up here. IAP vendors always try to do right by us and it is appreciated. Now if Chris had factored in the UPS or Fedex costs along with their brokerage fees the the refills would be +$60 each. ;)

pianomanpj

Roy the guys were just making light of the cost of buying up here. IAP vendors always try to do right by us and it is appreciated. Now if Chris had factored in the UPS or Fedex costs along with their brokerage fees the the refills would be +$60 each. ;)

Wow, now that I know the street value of 5888's in Canada, I'll buy a bunch of 'em before my next trip to the Great White North (I live in Maine - family in Canada.) I'll make a mint scalping 'em! :biggrin:

Top Bottom