scalloped bowl/vase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tommyd

tommyd

this is made of maple and walnut finshed with 3 coats of lacquer, size is 10"round and 6" high.
All comments welcome.

Attachments

• PICT0161-crop.JPG
    PICT0161-crop.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 173
  • PICT0162-crop.JPG
    PICT0162-crop.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tommyd

Tom, that looks very nice I like it a lot. How long did it take you from turning it from a blank to segmenting and all the work up to the finish, if I may ask?
I really can't give you a final time frame as I worked on it a couple hours at a time probably over a couple of month. I was in no hurry to get it done but I would say if I was to work on it constantly Probably a couple of days.

robutacion

Hi Tom,

I have had a good look and thought hard about it but, my first opinion as soon as I saw it was, that necks spoils the whole thing...!

Absolutely amazing workmanship particularly on that top, but to me, everything right to the based of the neck, screams perfection and elegance but, the way you finish the throat/neck, doesn't appeal to me, doesn't seem to belong, sorry...!

This is only my opinion, nothing else, I may be wrong that wouldn't the first time nor will be the last...!:wink:

Cheers
George

David Keller

Lovely wood, a wonderful pattern, and nice, tight joints... It's a nice looking piece. I'm afraid the area around the opening detracts from the overall beauty of the piece... Perhaps because of the pronounced angle of that area. If it were a gentle curve, I think it might be even better. It's a hell of a nice piece and well beyond the scope of my turning abilities.

Top Bottom