Saved by segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larryreitz

Larryreitz

I know this has been done thousands of time, but I'm very happy with the result, so I thought I'd post it. Short story is I purchased a Cambridge kit from EB, didn't order any extra tubes and when turning had a chip out on the end of the upper barrel. Not wanting to waste a very good wood blank I parted off some of the end of both tubes and added "oops blanks". The main wood is Cork tree burl from George's Bits of Timber. The add ons are black walnut and brass. My fall show season starts in about a month. We'll see what the customers think. Thanks for looking. C&C always welcome.

_MG_8859.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I will predict that if you had a duplicate pen with the same Cork Wood, full blanks; and this pen. You would easily get a premium price for this one.

I love this manner of segmenting (in spite of my obsession with lots of itty bitty slivers of wood): Simple, clean appearance, but the added Black Walnut and Brass moves it a few notches above. For simple pen requests, this is my go-to design. And your choice of woods is wonderful.

Very, very nice.

Larryreitz

I will predict that if you had a duplicate pen with the same Cork Wood, full blanks; and this pen. You would easily get a premium price for this one.

I love this manner of segmenting (in spite of my obsession with lots of itty bitty slivers of wood): Simple, clean appearance, but the added Black Walnut and Brass moves it a few notches above. For simple pen requests, this is my go-to design. And your choice of woods is wonderful.

Very, very nice.
Thanks so much, Mark. Valuable observation from the segmenting master. I'll try to keep this from going to my head.
Larry

leehljp

Member Liaison
I agree with what others have said and especially Mark James. That is a good clean standard in segmenting and the brass sets it apart. I don't sell much, mostly by request and that basic look with brass has been my most requested.

Top Bottom