Satire from The New Yorker: Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Sounds too civilized to be compared to IAP.......:biggrin:.....and besides, our trusty conscience..Maximus Smarterthanus would have locked it by the half way point...:biggrin:

magpens

Sounds like the purposeless rants of an egocentric disgruntled falsely self-proclaimed "anti-establishment" Manhattan geek with an Andrew Jackson breathing down his fat functionless neck.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sheesh... I still need to get my few fountain pens out and play with them for a few months and learn how they work, etc... I suspect It would be fun. You know, paying bills, grocery lists, writing lists for where I left my lists that have a lists of my lists :confused:.

Its too easy these days to hide behind the anonymity of the web to make comments we most likely would never make in person (Hmnnn, except sometimes when we can't help it).

OK, now I've lost my list again.

Gunnarkouper

Passed Away Sep 21, 2018
In Memoriam
New Yorker Article

Reading that after making my first Motorcycle pen from PSI gives me a great profundity into the minds of pen makers and users!
I also learned a new word.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sounds like the purposeless rants of an egocentric disgruntled falsely self-proclaimed "anti-establishment" Manhattan geek with an Andrew Jackson breathing down his fat functionless neck.

Now Mal, technically, even "Fat necks" are still functional :smile-big:. The rest of the statement stands.

thewishman

The medium nib is THE ONLY LOGICAL NIB!!!

Fine lines are used by snobs who think they are better that us. Broad lines are used by people that want to be heard by talking over others with their presumed "Gravitas."

The medium nib does not overshadow the writer's intent with assumptions or prejudgements. The medium nib, by its lack of extremes, breaks through and allows the thoughts of the writer to shine brightly.

Oldfolks

A neck is functionless if it has nothing on top.

Top Bottom