Attachments

• October Peppermills.jpg
    October Peppermills.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 134
  • October Peppermills2.jpg
    October Peppermills2.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 136
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice work. With traditional style mill kits, how do you keep the holes centered and even? I have run into issues where the top screw on nut does not end up centered in top of the mill. Nost sure what is causing it exactly.

You said stated "salt" & pepper mills
Do you use the same mechanism
For each

I cannot speak to the kits used in the photos but my experience with these is that ceramic has kind of become the standard. In cases where metal grinder kits are available the packaging is usually labeled "pepper" and ceramic labeled "salt". Depends on brand but most of the kits I see are ceramic.

I do the ceramic grinders from Ideal out of Denmark.. they do both salt and pepper very nicely. I only do the crush grind mills... don't really like the standard styles... I think they are too hard to get dimensions just right.

bmac

Thanks for all the comments, they are appreciated. These kits do use the ceramic mechanism. I do like the ceramic parts over the metal for the simple fact that they can be used for salt or pepper. Chuck, you are right about the standard style kits, you either have to just right with your measurements, or do what I have done before, cut the grinding shaft off and re-thread the end of it. I prefer the Crushgrind kits, but the store that buys my grinders likes the grinders with the adjustment knob on the top. As to getting the hole centered in the top, I drill my top using a 7mm drill bit, then mount the top on a pen mandrel and turn to size.

Top Bottom