Salt Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MTViper

MTViper

At Thanksgiving, my daughter-in-law said she had a project for me. She has one of the wooden salt/pepper bowls that's divided into two halves. She likes to pick the salt out by hand and doesn't put pepper in it and she wanted a bowl with only one compartment, not two. My son added the requirement that it be big enough to dip his margarita glasses in. I turned the bowl out of canarywood and the lid out of mahogany. Finished them with a beeswax/oil mixture I made myself. Holds a lot of salt and will salt a lot of glass rims. SaltBowl1.jpgSaltBowl2.jpg

Nice salt box... I make a few using the bases for wine glasses as the lids... opening not big enough for a margarita glass.... (wish I had a margarita ight now.).
393931 (1).JPG

393931 (3).JPG

393932 (3).JPG

393932 (4).JPG

Wish I could take credit for the idea, but think I saw it here a couple of years back... I cut the bottoms off wine glasses and put wood stems on them and was throwing the bottoms away, but after seeing the idea here started saving them... I now have a box about half full of wine glass stems.
These are about 4-5 inches diameter and about two or three inches high. The top one is Yellow Heart and the bottom is Angelima Pedra.

MTViper

That's a great idea. I'd never thought of using the bases for lids. I'd been throwing them away as well. Thanks.

Top Bottom