Sales of razors hot.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Three sold today so to keep with my philosophy I made four new ones. More figure than shown in photos for each razor.

LtoR
Amboyna burl
Black ash burl
Alamitos burl (Indonesian)
Spalted tamarind

Attachments

• IMG_4287.jpeg
    IMG_4287.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4286.jpeg
    IMG_4286.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
    IMG_4288.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4289.jpeg
    IMG_4289.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 73
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lew

Great looking work and beautiful woods. I was wondering, have you had any issues using wood in an item that is constantly exposed to water? Do you a finish on the ends as well as the body?

BCnabe

Great looking work and beautiful woods. I was wondering, have you had any issues using wood in an item that is constantly exposed to water? Do you a finish on the ends as well as the body?
Not trying to hijack this one but I made a razor from pink ivory (quite hard and tight grained) with a CA finish. I did soak the ends with thin CA to try to get it to wick in as far as possible.

The razor is kept in the shower vertically on a hook on the wall so water has a chance to drip off but obviously it is always in a high humidity area. After about 6-9 months you can see the CA is getting cloudy around the ends indicating moisture under the CA.

I think a razor that sets on a counter and not in a shower would be better if wood is used. Otherwise, I think it's best to use a resin blank instead of wood.

mmayo

Iv
Not trying to hijack this one but I made a razor from pink ivory (quite hard and tight grained) with a CA finish. I did soak the ends with thin CA to try to get it to wick in as far as possible.

The razor is kept in the shower vertically on a hook on the wall so water has a chance to drip off but obviously it is always in a high humidity area. After about 6-9 months you can see the CA is getting cloudy around the ends indicating moisture under the CA.

I think a razor that sets on a counter and not in a shower would be better if wood is used. Otherwise, I think it's best to use a resin blank instead of wood.
I've sold hundreds of razors. Each one gets four coats of thin (5 cps) CA and 12-16 coats of thin 50 cps CA. I seal the ends with three or four coats of thin 5 cps CA. We do not recommend leaving razors in the shower.

derekdd

Iv

I've sold hundreds of razors. Each one gets four coats of thin (5 cps) CA and 12-16 coats of thin 50 cps CA. I seal the ends with three or four coats of thin 5 cps CA. We do not recommend leaving razors in the shower.
Those look great, Mark.

Is that the Gillette Mach 3 or 4?

Top Bottom