Sale of lightweight burl blanks...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi folks,

I have been gathering for some time some burl blanks of various species that are very lightweight compared to my normal woods and that are ideal for International shipping for most members/friends here on IAP.

The 3 species offered today are;

Australian Olive root:

These are some of the better pen blanks processed all the way back to 2012 when I got some Olive roots and processed a few for drying, as shown on this thread.
The Olive root has a mix of everything in it, from burleyes, blue, curl, milky spots, and crazy grains, Olivewood when dry, turns into a lightweight wood with a very distinct workability smoothness and smell, a very different one than regular Olivewood.

Tasmanian Oak burl:

These were processed from a chunk of burl that I had put aside and out of site for some time so, I thought that was time to share it.
Again, this burl is super lightweight but it won't need stabilization at all.

Poplar burl:

This is also very lightweight and pretty burl wood, the contrast between the eyes and the wood colour make it a very interesting blank to see made into a nice pen. Most burl eyes are hollow and semi-hollow, this gives a great opportunity to be creative and decided if filling the burl eyes with a matching colour material such as the typical ground coffee mix or, maybe make it a contrast and use some of the many precious stones that are now available in crashed form such as Turquoise.

In average, regular wood in packs of 4 blanks weighs close to 250gr each so, 4 packs would make it 1kg however, these are about 150gr. each pack so I can fit 6 packs in a box for the same 1kg total weight.

For USA, Canada and UK the shipping cost is AU$12.00 for the first 250gr and then an extra AU$4.00 for every increment of 250gr after that.

All other countries except Australia and the above ones, the shipping option will be Express Courier International and the costs are AU$28.00 for the first 250gr and then AU$4.00 for every 250gr increment.

For Australian residents, the freight cost is $9.00 for a 500gr postal bag, $14.00 for a 3kg bag and $18.00 for a 5kg postal bag.

Please, select the packs you like and either post here your selection or PM me, I will then update the stock availability on this thread so that everybody can follow/see.

Payments will be made through Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au

So let's do this...!:biggrin:

*Olive Root packs weight approx. 145gr AU$7.00 each pack

Olive root packs all sold, if you require any of the same please let me know or visite the web-store on these or these

*Tasmanian Oak Burl packs weight approx 150gr. each AU$8.00 eack pack

Tasmanian Oak burl packs have all sold, if you require any of these please let me know or visit my web-store for these

*Poplar Burl packs weigh approx. 150gr. each AU$6.00 each pack

Packs will be made from this mountain of "done" blanks, all are good don't worry, I will treat you good..!:)

Packs available: There are still dozens of these packs available, you can contact me here for some or, you can get them direct from the web-store, here or [URL="https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/collections/burl-wood/products/australian-10b-poplar-tree-burl-large-box-30-pen-blanks-raw"]here[/URL]

Poplar blanks pile.jpg

REMEMBER:
Any 6 packs of these blanks will only make 1kg in weight.

Extra Offer:
Anyone that order 1kg will get free of charge a pack of shorts of the same Tasmanian burl shown below, 1 free shorts pack for every 1kg you order...!:biggrin:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me...!

Thank you.

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

Hi George,
I will take #1 and #10 of the olive wood blanks, #56 of the Tasmanian and 3 of the poplar burl packs. PM the cost and I will get it to you.
Thanks my friend. ( Glad to hear Marissa is doing better!!!)

JohnU

Hi George! I would like #12 and I would like 4 packs (16 blanks if I'm reading it correctly) of the Poplar burl. Thanks!

magpens

I will take 53, 57, 59, 60 of the Tasmanian Oak ( 4 x $8 = $32) , and

I will take 7, 8, 9, 14, 16, 19 of the Olivewood, ( 6 x $7 = $42 ) and

I will take 2 lots of Poplar blanks ... Pick 'em Nice - George (lots of eyes fairly uniformly over the length). (2 x $6 = $12)

For the blanks, I owe you $86, I think

So this is 12 lots .... will the shipping be $40 ??

And then a pack or 2 of shorts :) :)

Thanks George ... I hope this works !

Imaginethat

George, I would like two packs of the olive roots, two packs of the Tasmanian and four packs of the poplar burls. You pick the packs, I can't keep track of the numbers. Let me know the cost and the money will be on the way.

Thank you

robutacion

Is that it...?

Hi peoples,

Camon guys and gals, is that it...? nobody else is interested in these great blanks, they were all hand-picked and are A1 grade..? you guys will be missing out on how these Olive root blanks turn as they have a self "lubricant" that make sharp blades go through it like a hot knife through butter...!:eek::biggrin:

They will also finish with just a good polish compound, it will shine but will still provide that wood feeling of touch.

Your loss...!:frown:

Cheers
George

DavidD

I will purchase all remaining lots.

Please PM w/ total once you figure out total w/ shipping to USA, and thanks for the shorts!

David

robutacion

I will purchase all remaining lots.

Please PM w/ total once you figure out total w/ shipping to USA, and thanks for the shorts!

David

G'day David,

Wow, what a surprise, thank you for taking the initiative, most appreciated.

I have no questions about the Olive root blanks and the Tasmanian oak burl but I will need to know how many packs of the Poplar burl you are after..?

I will send you a PM to discuss all that,

Cheers
George

robutacion

add not closed yet...!

So, after this, is this add closed...? no, is not, why...?

Well, I still have plenty of Poplar burl, Olive root and Tasmanian oak bur already processed and wrapped in packs so, I will wait until the packs sold starting to arrive and the guys have a go at them, I'm sure some will want more and other will see the pens turned and also want some which is OK.

In the meantime, if anyone wants some of these blanks types, you only need to come to this thread and make the order, that or going to my web-store and order from there.

You let me know what you prefer and I will follow...!

Thank guys, gals.

PS: Oh, Oh...! I've almost forgotten, all the orders made before Davids order have been all posted, already.

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom